New York, NY
The Senior Designer is responsible for helping the team define a design direction on specific assignments. He/she also partners with the Art, Design or Creative Director(s) to oversee the designers.
- Partner with the Creative Director to conceptualize, design, build, and extend successful brand experiences. Establish new visual design languages or work within existing ones.
- Lead specific aspects of design projects; help to refine and further develop concepts into complete, functional design systems.
- Approach design problems conceptually, with a constant desire to innovate.
- Motivate the team, inspire teamwork and think like a leader in the studio.
- Manage deliverables and schedule of multiple projects and work with multiple disciplines at the same time.
- Participate in internal and client work-sessions. Collaborate with different disciplines outside the studio.
- Maintain awareness of the design landscape with respect to current and future trends.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years design agency experience working on print and digital projects.
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions.
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition, and color; with a keen eye for typography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- A passion for clean, functional and outstanding design.
- Experience working on identity systems and establishing brand guidelines.
- Exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Experience in basic art-direction; define a style and brief other designers.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stake holders within and outside the studio.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken including presenting to both internal and external audiences.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite. Adobe After Effects is a plus. A design knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Undergraduate degree. BFA a plus.