The Junior Designer supports more senior designers in the creation and production of graphic design and creative services projects. They are expected to tackle new challenges and responsibilities without fear of failure.
- Design, develop and/or revise graphic design elements or programs for use in client-facing and internal marketing communications efforts.
- Alter or modify graphic elements as necessary and/or convert graphic elements into correct formats/programs.
- Manage production of various projects from design phase through delivery.
- Attend client and internal presentations.
- Seek out ways to excel in their jobs every day; particularly work to improve communication skills.
- Be trusted to get the job done without unnecessary follow up or monitoring.
Qualifications & Skills
- 0-2 years design agency experience working on print and digital projects.
- A portfolio that highlights conceptual thinking and thoughtful typography skills.
- A deep understanding of type use, development, and classification.
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition, and color; with a keen eye for typography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- A passion for clean, functional and outstanding design.
- Experience working on identity systems and establishing brand guidelines.
- Exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stake holders.
- Ability to present design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Competent with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma. Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- A design knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Our team NYC-based team members work in our Chelsea studio at least twice per week. Our ideal candidate lives in the NYC area and is comfortable joining us in person twice per week. We’re are open to candidates who are based elsewhere, as long as they’re willing to work EST hours.
- The expected salary range for this position is $60,000–$70,000 per year
- All full-time employees are provided with generous paid time off, fully paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life), 401k with company match, annual professional development.
- Clarke is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team with a range of unique perspectives. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ and/or gender non-conforming to apply.